Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Trip to India

I was so exited to go to India and see my family. First me and my mother ( only ) went to Blangac airport and about one hour after we went in the flight to Charles de Gaul airport in Paris. It took 1 hour to arive there, then we had a 2 hour break in Paris and we looked in some shops for entertainment then I went to play on the Playstation. Finally it was time to go to the flight to India ( it was long waiting in the queue). In the flight there were mini TVs and I spent more time on it than sleeping when it was sleeping time! In the flight I also watched 1 movie called Monster's Academy and I liked it.

When we reached New Delhi, India it took a little bit of time to find my grandfather and my mother's brother but after some time we found them.  It was really nice to meet them after so much of time! At late night we reached their apartment and I was also happy to see my grandmother and my mother's brother's wife. The next day we went to a shopping center and we bought LOTS of things for me. When we came home my Nan had lots of indian dresses for me that she had brought from her house!

The next day was a special day because it was my mother's brother's wife's birthday! We went to the bakery and I got to choose the cake, it was a chocolate cake decorated with long chocolate triangles as a flower. Every night we would talk and I would play Temple Run 2 while the grown ups talked.

Finally it was time to go to the airport where we took a 45 minute flight to my Dad's parent's house, in the flight I got a little bored so me and my Mum looked a little bit in the magazines. We arrived there and found my Dad's parents. It took a little while to reach their home but I was happy when we did. Their house is very big and they even have a swing for me! The swing is wooden and it's like a chair so you can even kind of lie down!

In few days my Dad came from France and he also brought Ferrero Rocher chocolates that I love.
Then it was....... CHRISTMAS! I don't celebrate Christmas but I told my mother to hide presents in the house and I found them! One was a Russian souvenir and the other was a pair of earrings that looks like a shimmering ball of snow and there was a necklace that matched with the earrings.

After a few days me, my parents and my Dad's parents set of for Agra to visit the Taj Mahal. It was a 7 hour trip in the car. We stopped at a petrol pump and beside it was a big mustard flower field that went on for miles! In the petrol pump we saw a hand pump that brings us fresh water, here's a picture of me doing the hand pump ( it was hard, you need to have a lot of strength to do it).

At night we reached the hotel in Agra, it was very pretty there. The next day we went to the Taj Mahal, it took a lot of time to go inside. Finally we went through the gates into the huge garden of Taj Mahal and Taj Mahal was right in front. We took lots of photos, then me grandparents got a little tired
 of walking around so they sat while me and my parents went inside Taj Mahal.

Inside it was just a tomb of the owner of Taj Mahal: Shah Jahan and his third wife: Mumtaz Mahal. Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal as a memorial in memory of Mumtaz Mahal, Shah Jahan was planing to build an identical black building for himself but he died before he even began to build!

We did lots of things then we went back to our hotel. Next morning it was time to go back to my father's parent's house. When we reached we ate Aloo ki Tikki with lots of spices, I'll transalate it: Potato Cutlet or Potato Croquet. The next day I was just at home blogging stuff on the blog. After lots days it was time to go to Delhi, there in Delhi I stayed with my mother's parents and my mother's big brother and wife for 2 days.

 It was the day of the flight back to France but there was so much fog that the flight got canceled. The next day we were of to Charles de Gaul, Paris. This time I slept more than playing on the mini TVs!
I watched 2 movies called: The Epic and Turbo. I also watched The Croods but half of it. Then when the fight landed it was time to take another flight to Toulouse. After 1 hour we arrived and took a taxi to our home. It was super fun in India!

1 comment:

  1. That was a lot of traveling, but it sounds worth it. I have never been to India and would love to go. I bet it was lovely to see so much of your family. A super write-up Sanika.

    ReplyDelete