Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Charlotte's Web


By Ryan

Charlotte's Web is a fantastic book because it demonstrates a lot of friendship. The pig is called Wilbur and the spider is called Charlotte. It made me laugh the beginning and cry at the end when the baby spiders all flew away. Charlotte is my favorite character because she is clever and kind. When Wilbur is lonely Charlotte is a great friend to him. 

Another great friendship is between Fern, the 8 year old girl (pretty much my age) and Wilbur the pig. She saved Wilbur's life by begging her Dad not to kill him. He was a runt and very small. She fed him from a bottle and took good care of him. What I like about this book is that there is kindness every step of the way.

I read this book with my Mom outside in our backyard and I still remember it.

2 comments:

  1. I would also like to read it
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite books as well! It is such a wonderful example of true friendship, loyalty and staying true to one's promises! I enjoyed reading your opinion of the book, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete